Healthy Hot Chocolate (Kaufmann Diet Friendly)
Now that my son just turned 18, this video is even more precious to me. Join my son (at about age 11) as he shows you how to make hot chocolate healthy style! It is one of our very first videos so please excuse the amateur-ness 🙂
NEWS!!! Next week join me LIVE with Doug Kaufmann – host of Know The Cause. I’ll be in the studio with him on Dec 13th at 3pm CST, we will answer ALL of your questions! Cancer, chronic sinus infections, fibromyalgia, EBV, Lyme disease, lets talk about all of it! See you then!
If kids enjoy this hot chocolate you know adults will too! With a few substitutions we were able to make this hot chocolate sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free. This drink is perfect for a sweet tooth! Watch the video above as we show you how to make it.
What You Will Need To Make Healthy Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coco powder – I used Equal Exchange Baking Cocoa (it does not contain sugar)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or flavor
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 4½ tsp xylitol
- Pinch of salt
- Blender of any kind or a frother will do as well.
- Don’t skip the final step which is to mix this in a bullet or any blender. Makes one serving. Double the recipe for two.
Kaufmann Diet Friendly
If you are following the Kaufmann Diet, this recipe would be considered Kaufmann 1. Previously known as Kaufmann Phase 1. Since sugar is off limits on Kaufmann 1, this makes for a nice sweet treat or even a good Kaufmann 1 dessert choice to knock out a sweet tooth. See my recipe section for more Kaufmann diet drinks and Kaufmann diet recipes.
- Heat all ingredient in a saucepan on medium heat until hot. The coco powder does not completely dissolve so here is my favorite part, once the mixture is hot, pour it into a bullet or a blender for 5 seconds. This makes the drink so frothy and it’s mixed perfectly! Don’t leave out this last step.
- Use a frother if you do not have a blender. They are cheap and such a wonderful addition to your kitchen appliances.
Healthy Hot Chocolate
- 1 Nutri bullet or a blender
- 1 cup Light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Coco powder (I used Equal Exchange Baking Cocoa, it does not contain sugar)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 4 1/2 tsp Xylitol
- pinch Salt
- Heat all ingredient in a saucepan on medium heat until hot.
- Once the hot chocolate is hot, pour into a bullet or a blender for 5 seconds. This makes the drink so frothy and it's mixed perfectly! Don't leave out this last step.
- Top with homemade whipped cream if desired - click here for whipped cream recipe
SALE!! Eat Pray Get Well – A Journey from Chronic Illness & Brokenness to Wholeness and Healing is on sale on MYSTORE for the lowest price anywhere. Get your copy for 16.99 while supplies last. Use CODE – HEALING at checkout.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.