Today is the first time I have ever eaten (or tried to make) spicy zucchini fritters. No, it’s not a dessert recipe (which makes me kind of sad too) but I’m trying to step up the nutrition around here, and with that, we are trying to be a little creative and try new things. I’m normally not zucchini’s biggest fan, but I love all the fresh ingredients that go into this recipe and I especially recommend making the aioli for dipping if you decide to make it. I can’t think of anything that doesn’t taste great dipped in aioli! Bottom line, we were pleasantly surprised! Enjoy.
- 2 Large Zucchini
- Jalapeno Pepper (just a few slices)
- 1 organic egg
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 10-11 tbsp Namaste grain & gluten free flour blend (or any grain free flour blend you like)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I put some in the batter and on top while cooking)
- Chop zucchini, garlic, and jalapeno in food processor. Make sure you still have small chunks you don't want to puree it. Place mixture in a bowl and add egg, flour, salt and pepper. In a medium to large skillet heat 1-2 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs butter on medium heat. Once the pan is hot place the batter in the skillet with a spoon. Flatten out with the back of the spoon until they are flat and round. Cook on both sides until golden brown. About 7-9 minutes on each side. Serve with a side of aioli for dipping.
- Click here for Aioli Recipe