These bacon wrapped double cheese stuffed jalapenos are perfect if you are trying to stick to the Kaufmann 2 diet or the keto diet. When eliminating grains and sugar you have to be creative in order to not feel deprived of your favorite foods, or worse, have your guests feel deprived when you entertain! Below is a step by step on how to make this easy appetizer. Also, some cool facts about jalapenos – they fight bacterial infections, are high in nutrients, may help fight cancer, and are low calorie!
Step 1 – cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
Step 2 – stuff with cream cheese
Step 3- add a slice of yogurt cheese
Step 4 – wrap turkey bacon
Step 5 – Bake for 20 minutes then broil for 5-6 minutes. Enjoy!
- Jalapenos (8 jalapenos/16 stuffed jalapenos will feed about 5 people- 3 each)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Yogurt cheese cut into strips
- Turkey bacon (antibiotic and hormone free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice jalapeños in half length wise. Remove seeds and wash. Fill with cream cheese. Place a strip of yogurt cheese on top of each one. Slice turkey bacon length wise and wrap around jalapeno. Place stuffed and wrapped Jalapeno in an oven safe dish. Bake for 30 minutes then broil for 5-6 more minutes. Carefully watch them as they can burn quickly. Enjoy!