These look super yummy. I’m definitely going to try these. I absolutely love meatballs. Thanks!
Quinoa Meatballs & Why Quinoa?
Why did we make quinoa meatballs? Because we are back to eating super clean for awhile after loosening the reigns on vacation, which means no bread or even oats for bread crumbs, so I had to get creative. By the way, if someone tells you that “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) taste just as good as regular pasta, ask yourself if you can really trust that person. Sorry to all the zoodle lovers out there. It’s still good, but just not the same. The meatballs were great and wait until you hear about the benefits of quinoa!
- Quinoa makes you feel full faster because of it’s high protein and fiber and is associated with weight loss.
- It contains prebiotics, so for anyone trying to heal their gut, it’s a great alternative to rice, and it’s also gluten free.
- It can ward off diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- 1 lb Grass fed beef
- Quinoa (I used Suzie's quinoa already fully cooked in olive oil)
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic chopped
- 1/4 Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- Saute onion and garlic in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once golden brown mix with all other ingredients.
- Roll into balls and broil for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour a jar of your favorite tomato sauce into a crockpot. Add meatballs.
- Cook on low for 6- 8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Me too Karen! I hope you like them 🙂
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.