These homemade everything bagels may be free of yeast, dairy, and gluten but don’t let that scare you. They are delicious!
As a general rule, all you need to make any gluten free bagels including these homemade everything bagels, is to have a great gluten free flour alternative on hand. These bagels are yeast free, dairy free and gluten free. Read on and I’ll show you how to make homemade bagels that are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. My son, a picky eater, just rated them a 10 out of 10.
What You Need To Make Homemade Everything Bagels
Don’t use any substitutions in the flour or the yogurt. I tried this recipe with a dairy yogurt as well as a different gluten free flour and it was too sticky to handle.
1 cup flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
1 cup Almond milk yogurt plain – I used 360 Brand
2 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
1 egg white (to use on top as the the egg wash)
Trader Joes Everything everything but the bagel seasoning for the top
Make 4 balls with the dough and place them on the parchment paper before gently pressing down on each ball. Then proceed to make the hole (see directions) …..
Instructions For Making Homemade Everything Bagels
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients except egg and everything bagel seasoning.
- Pick up dough and roll into several balls the size of bagels, the dough is not too sticky to handle.
- Place them on parchment paper and slightly push down on them.
- Coat your index finger with flour and create a hole in the middle of the bagel.
- Use the egg wash on top before placing in oven.
- Bake for 25 -27 minutes.
- Makes 4 bagels or 8 minis. Enjoy!
Photo Below: Right before going in the oven sprinkle some Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning….
UPDATE – The second edition of my book Eat Pray Get Well – A journey from Chronic Illness & Brokenness To Wholeness & Healing has been released. Forward written by Doug Kaufmann – host of Know The Cause
More Gluten Free/Sugar Free Breakfast Ideas:
Note: This blueberry muffin recipe is okay if you are following the Kaufmann diet, and would be considered Kaufmann 1 (or Phase 1)
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except egg and everything bagel seasoning. Pick up dough and roll into several balls the size of bagels, the dough is not too sticky to handle. Place them on parchment paper and slightly push down on them. Coat your index finger with flour and create a hole in the middle of the bagel. Use the egg wash on top before placing in oven.
- Bake for 25 -27 minutes. Makes 4 bagels or 8 minis. Enjoy!