I kind of dislike having to mention the “gluten free” or “dairy free” in recipes because some how the recipe sounds like it just won’t be as good and this is just not the case here. I was so surprised how well these bagels turned out, and how FAST you can make them (we are talking about less than 5 minutes before you are placing them in the oven) and no boiling necessary! They are crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. My son, a picky eater, just rated them a 10 out of 10. Try not to use ANY substitutions in the flour, the yogurt, etc as I cannot vouch for how they will turn out. Enjoy.
Note – I do NOT get a kick back from any of these brands mentioned.
Make 4 balls with the dough and place them on the parchment paper before gently pressing down on each ball. Then proceed to make the hole (see directions) …..
Right before going in the oven….
- 1 cup flour I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour (gluten & Wheat Free)
- 1 cup Almondmilk yogurt plain - I used 360 Brand (wholefoods)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 egg white (to use on top as the the egg wash)
- Trader Joes Everything everything but the bagel seasoning for the top
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except egg and everything bagel seasoning. Pick up dough and roll into several balls the size of bagels, the dough is not too sticky to handle. Place them on parchment paper and slightly push down on them. Coat your index finger with flour and create a hole in the middle of the bagel. Use the egg wash on top before placing in overn.
- Bake for 25 -27 minutes. Makes 4 bagels or 8 minis. Enjoy!