These cheddar biscuits are not the Reeses cup smoothie I said was coming your way, but they are just as good especially if you miss warm bread! I have the habit of experimenting with recipes and when they come out great, I jot them down on a piece of old mail usually never to be seen again. That is what happened with the smoothie recipe and I just could not seem to duplicate it, so I went with these biscuits. I don’t think you will be disappointed…. especially if you haven’t had bread in awhile.
Some exciting things are coming up. I am going to start doing Facebook “Live” so you can come ask questions and learn from others questions, and Doug Kaufmann – host of the television show “Know The Cause” will be joining as my first guest!
- 1 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend - Where to buy? - I buy mine at Whole foods (NOTE- I get NO kickback from this product - I just love it)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons grass fed butter (cooled)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk (I have used both a quality dairy milk, and almond milk in the past for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon xylitol
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Many recipes will tell you not to mix all ingredients together or blend too long. With this recipe I found placing ALL ingredients in the food processor at the same time and blending it really well works perfectly. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non stick. Cut butter into 4 pieces. Place all ingredients in food processor and mix well. Drop biscuits on cookie sheet and bake approximately 8-10 minutes. I start checking the oven after the 6 minute mark as the size of the biscuit will depend on how long they take to turn golden brown. Enjoy!