Today’s post was supposed to be a video my son and I made called “What I Feed My Teenage Son in a Day” but unfortunately I one again succumbed to the “Pitfalls of Perfectionism” . (If you missed that post and are prone to be hard on yourself it’s a good read). I have a degree in photography but when it comes to video and editing I am lost. I made the mistake of looking at (or comparing myself to) all of those beautiful videos some of these you-tubers pump out and I froze. So today you get this delicious healthier 5 minute salted caramel sauce instead.
The next post WILL be that imperfect video because I have to remember the bigger picture. And that is there a people out there struggling with all kinds of health issues that CAN be overcome with great nutrition, supplementation, and a healthy mind. I love nothing more than sharing what I learned and watching people get healthy, so perfect or not, it’s coming up next! I hope you all enjoy this substitute post and recipe which will be our after dinner treat tonight.
- Organic green apple slices
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup (to your desired sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - note I made this once without the coconut oil, some liked it better with, some without.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Melt coconut oil and maple syrup on medium heat until oil is melted (about 1-2 min). Take off stove and whisk in remaining ingredients.