Recently I was so blessed to be asked to make this winter apple bacon salad on ABC’s Morning Blend show. In the winter months we really don’t think “salad” as much as we do comfort foods like soups and chili, but this maple vinaigrette really gives this salad a warm winter feel.
Getting ready to film my segment on ABC
Health Benefits of This Winter Apple Bacon Salad Recipe
- Apple Cider Vinegar – the malic acid it contains has anti-fungal properties both when taken internally and topically, it helps regulate blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, and helps with acid reflux and blood pressure.
- Pecans – great for your heart, helps reduce inflammation (the cause of most disease). They are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. They are also a good source of vitamin A, B, and E.
- Greens – greens are rich in Vitamin A and C and also contain minerals such as potassium, iron, and folate, not to mention they are extremely low calorie.
- Organic Apples – loaded with vitamin B6, C, and K,. There is also research to show apples may prevent Alzheimers, fight heart disease and diabetes, as well as lower your risk against some cancers.
Stay tuned – next week I’ll be posting about how to limit the damage antibiotics cause, just in case you find yourself (or your children) on them like I found myself last month.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post in which I was compensated by Crunch Pak. All opinions are my own and I thank you for supporting the companies that make Eat Pray Get Well possible.
- 1 bag of organic spring mix
- 8-10 slices Crunch Pak organic apples
- ¼ cup pecans
- ⅛ cup feta cheese
- 3 strips organic turkey bacon
- artichoke hearts
- MAPLE VINAGRETTE DRESSING:
- 5½ tbs cup extra-virgin olive oil tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- few drops of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Cook turkey bacon in skillet on medium heat. Let cool and break up into pieces and add to all the other salad ingredients.
- Maple Vinaigrette Dressing: Mix all ingredients and shake well. I placed mine in the bullet right before serving, but a vigorous shake is fine too.
- I preferred this dressing at room temperature, you could even heat it up a bit if you'd like.