Oh my mercy this looks awesome!!! I am going to make it!! TY!!
White Queso Dip (Kaufmann Diet Friendly)
Fifteen years ago, instead of sharing this homemade white queso dip recipe with you, I would still be eating a very unhealthy version in a restaurant paired with some unhealthy corn chips. If I hadn’t gotten sick from toxic mold, surely my diet would have gotten me sick. I ate nothing but foods that tasted good to me, with no regard for nutrition or what my body actually needed to heal. Now I make all of my old favorites at home and share them with you. I hope you enjoy my healthy queso dip made with real ingredients. I give you some tricks below to make it a low calorie queso.
If you are following the Kaufmann diet, this recipe is would be considered a Kaufmann 2 recipe or Phase 2 recipe.
Watch as I make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bites on NBC’s morning show! We also discuss comparing ourselves to others, heart and gut health and so much more.
What You Will Need To Make Homemade White Queso Dip
- 3/4 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese – mozzarella cheese helps keep this a low calorie queso
- 3/4 cup organic shredded gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut milk – using light coconut milk will make this a low calorie queso
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp good quality salsa – I used 365 hatch chili salsa
- 1/2 tomato chopped (for garnish)
- 2 tsp or more cilantro – save some to sprinkle on top
- Dash of garlic powder
- 3-4 drops of Cholula hot sauce – Don’t skip this step, it gives it great flavor and don’t worry this does not make it too spicy
- 1-2 chopped slices of pickled jalapeno
Instructions For Making Easy White Queso Dip
- Melt butter in saucepan
- add coconut milk and cheese and melt on medium heat
- Add all other ingredients. Top with cilantro, tomato, and jalapeno
- Feeds two people. Double recipe for more.
- Pairs perfectly with bean tortilla chips
White Queso Dip Recipe
- 3/4 cup Organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Organic shredded gouda cheese (gouda has less fat and calories compared to cheddar cheese. If you want to keep this a low calorie queso use gouda.)
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp Salsa (use good quality salsa like 365 brand hatch chili salsa)
- 1/2 Tomato chopped (for garnish)
- 2 tsp Cilantro (save some for garnish)
- Dash of garlic powder
- 3-4 drops of hot sauce (I used Cholula brand - don't skip this step. it gives it great flavor and don't worry this does not make it too spicy)
- 1-2 Chopped SLICES jalapeno pepper (save a couple for the topping- we used pickled jalapeno)
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add coconut milk and cheese and melt on medium heat.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Top with cilantro, tomato, and jalapeno.
For more Kaufmann diet friendly recipes, check out my recipe section.
This post contains affiliate links.
Thanks Donna! I know how much you like dips! 🙂
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.