Ive been dealing with this sinus infection since december. Do not want surgery.
how much of the citridrops per 8oz water for sinus rinse. Ive also started using vinegar in my rinse. It helps but its hard to handle.
What Kills a Sinus Infection Naturally (Surgeries Didn’t Help Me)
Take it from someone who had four sinus surgeries and was still sick, that sinus infection misery is real! I have been on hundreds of courses of antibiotics over two decades and in my case, they only proved damaging in the long run.
Sinus Infections are so common that more than 35 million people suffer at least one sinus infection per year. Some infections are simple and may be able to be knocked out with natural remedies, such as changing your diet, adding supplements for a sinus infection, and nasal irrigation. However, sinus infections can also be dangerous if left untreated, so it’s best to always check with your physician first before trying to treat yourself.
Read on and I’ll give you 6 suggestions on what potentially kills a sinus infection naturally.
6 Ways To Kill a Sinus Infection Naturally
- Remove sugar, wheat, corn, yeast, soy, peanuts, and processed foods from your diet. These types of foods feed fungus (and notoriously contain fungi.) According to the Mayo Clinic, 96% of all sinus infections are fungal in nature. So don’t feed it! I myself try to follow the Kaufmann diet, which is similar to the candida diet. In my television interview below, I get into greater detail about the “causes” of sinus infections. Remember, bacteria are opportunistic, so where there is fungus in the sinuses, there is usually bacteria as well. In addition, antibiotics are fungal metabolites, therefore they can even fuel fungal infections, so make sure you really need them first by discussing with your doctor.
- Consider Anti-fungals. Since almost all sinus infections are proven to be fungal in nature per the Mayo Clinic, natural anti-fungals like apple cider vinegar, sinus defense, grapefruit seed extract, and citripdrops can be helpful. Colostrum ld is extremely important as it not only kills pathogens naturally, but heals and seals a leaky gut. Colostrum ld was something that personally helped me get off decades of antacids. You may even require a prescription anti-fungal such as Nystatin or Diflucan for a month or so. This is something you can discuss with your doctor.
Television: Below is my interview on Know the Cause. We talk about my decades long sinus infection as well as other chronic health issues.
3. Check your environment. Do you have any leaks or suspect you live in a moldy environment? Fix leaks and add a quality air filter to your home. Microbalance has safe products to rid your clothes, nose, home and even your pet of mold spores.
4. Nasal irrigation. A NeilMed irrigation bottle is a must if you have chronic sinus issues. Sinus irrigation will not only allow you to flush out mucus but you can add anti-fungals such as citridrops mentioned above. This is what my ear, nose, and throat doctor has suggested I use in my nasal irrigation wash (candida sinus rinse.)
5. Xylitol nasal spray. Xlear has a new product called “Rescue” Not only does it contain the anti-fungal xylitol, but also contains essential oils and powerful anti-fungals such as oregano, parsley, eucalyptus, and tea tree.
6. Chose anti-inflammatory foods. For more on what to eat with a sinus infection, I have written an article titled best foods for sinus infections.
Natural Supplements For A Sinus Infection
Vitamin C can help fight off infections by supporting the immune system.
Probiotics can restore the flora balance in your digestive system. If you have ever been on an antibiotic, this is crucial. Antibiotics wipe out the good bacteria in your intestines (where 80% of your immune system lies) so it’s important you replace it. Also, taking a digestive enzyme with your meals can be helpful. Digestive enzymes improve your body’s ability to breakdown food, as well as promote a healthy gut.
Sovereign Silver was a game changer for me personally. I have tried so many silver products that did absolutely nothing to help rid me of my sinus infection. Now I always keep this silver nasal spray on hand and use it at the first sign of sinus issues.
NAC, Bromelain, and Quercetin are inexpensive supplements that support sinus health. NAC helps move stagnated mucus, bromelain helps with sinus inflammation and quercetin acts as an antihistamine. If you have food allergies, a product called NSC24 beta glucan allergy formula is wonderful. I am not an affiliate for them, but I love this product and have been using it for years.
MicroChitosan can be helpful for people like myself who have a history of nasal polyps. In his clinical practice, Dr. Dennis has also discovered that when combined with his Sinus Protocol, the use of oral Chitosan oligosaccharide can help to dissolve fungal polyps in the sinus without further need for surgical interventions in some patients.
NOTE: Some people like myself struggle with difficult to treat sinus infection for years. I had two hard to treat bacteria (staph and pseudomonas) as well as two fungi (aspergillus and curvalaria). These types of sinus infections need to be treated by an ENT trained in fungal related sinus infections. I recommend Dr. Donald Dennis in Atlanta, GA. I also suggest you read some of my other articles below on this topic and watch my two television interviews in this post. Arm yourself with as much information as possible so you can become your own best health advocate. Often time chronic sinus infections are only a symptom of a larger systemic issue in our body.
More Television: In this interview I explain what happened after years of taking antibiotics
What Kills Fungus in the Sinuses
As discussed above, it was proven in 1999 by the Mayo Clinic that almost all sinus infections also had a fungal component. Using the candida sinus rinse I mentioned above and changing a diet to one that is an anti-mold diet (the Kaufmann diet or candid diet) is very important. Some patients will need the fungus in the sinuses surgically removed. Some people who have a history of chronic sinus infections have been told they suffer from MARCONS. In this case, a prescription for BEG Nasal spray may be needed. My physician had prescribed itracanzole, an antifungal spray in the past to kill fungus in my sinuses.
Natural remedies may not work for everyone, especially if the infection is chronic and has had time to build up biofilms. If your symptoms worsen it’s important to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician that understands both bacterial sinus infections as well as allergic fungal sinusitis.
Foods That Kill Mold in the Body
Mold in the body needs to be starved, so now it’s time to talk about which foods help to starve mold out of the body and which foods actually feed mold.
Below is a chart listing foods that may contain higher amounts of mold and/or have a high sugar/carbohydrate (which feeds mold in the body) and which foods starve mold in the body.
|Feeds Mold||Starves Mold|
|Fruits High in Sugar||Lime|
|High Mold Cheeses||Cabbage|
I hope this article helps you and brings you hope in your own recovery. My second edition book Eat Pray Get Well – A Journey From Chronic Illness & Brokenness to Wholeness & Wellness is now on sale through my website and Amazon.
Foreword written by Doug Kaufmann of Know the Cause.
Disclaimer: I am not opposed to antibiotics as in many cases they saves lives. I am also not a doctor. The information in this post is not to replace your physician’s advice. This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I use myself.
Ive been dealing with this sinus infection since december. Do not want surgery.
Hi Desserrie – Here you go! https://microbalancehealthproducts.com/products/citridrops-dietary-supplement.html
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.