Are you still drinking the hot chocolate packets with dehydrated marshmallows? I know, they are pretty darn good, but they are also full of ingredients you don’t want to be ingesting. My son and I will show you how to make a healthy hot chocolate that is sugar, dairy, and gluten free. It’s the perfect antidote to a sweet tooth!
INGREDIENTS For Healthy Hot Chocolate That Is Sugar Dairy Gluten Free
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. coco powder – I used Equal Exchange Baking Cocoa (it does not contain sugar)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract or flavor
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 4½ tsp. xylitol
- Pinch of salt
- A nutri bullet or a blender
- Don’t skip the final step which is to mix this in a bullet or blender. Makes one serving. Double the recipe for two.
- Heat all ingredient in a saucepan on medium heat until hot. The coco powder does not completely dissolve so here is my favorite part, once the mixture is hot, pour it into a bullet or a blender for 5 seconds. This makes the drink so frothy and it’s mixed perfectly! Don’t leave out this last step.
- UPDATE: I have since bought a “frother” they are cheap and quick so I no longer do the step above using the bullet. If you don’t have one they are a fantastic addition in the kitchen!
Recipes You May Also Like: 90 second recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake
I had the honor of making this Chocolate Mug Cake on CBS Great Day Live. If you would like to see the full interview we also talked about recovering from food addiction, panic attacks and low self esteem as well as a bit of my journey recovering from years of chronic health issues.