Pumpkin Cheesecake Roll… and A Trip To See Dr. Dennis
Considering giving yourself a free pass on Thanksgiving to eat whatever you want? You don’t have to! Sugar addicts – you will love this recipe and when it’s time for dessert you will not feel like you are missing out on a thing! Staying on course Thanksgiving Day just takes a bit of preparation and planning, but it will be well worth it.
This pumpkin cheesecake roll contains no grains, sugar, or anything artificial added to it. Don’t ingest all that sugar and modified food during the holidays, be prepared and you will be able to stay on course and still enjoy the holiday’s AND have dessert! If you love everything pumpkin try this delicious pumpkin seed butter recipe from Eva over at The Healthy Tart!
If you are one of the lucky one’s that don’t have any sinus issues you can stop reading here. To all of you desperate sinuses suffers that I hear from weekly, keep reading… I have some news! Doug Kaufmann (from Know The Cause) recently had Dr Dennis, an ENT from Atlanta on his show. Turns out he is the same doctor who preformed my adenoidectomy/tonsillectomy back in 1999. After hearing him speak, I realized he is seemingly one of the only physicians that actually has an alternative to surgery and antibiotics! He said people with chronic sinusitis are 9,000 times more allergic to mold/fungus (wow). He has been doing research into the treatment of chronic sinusitis for more than 30 years and has created products which make our bodies less susceptible to the mold we are breathing in, giving your body a chance to fight the fungus. This week I am flying to Atlanta for an appointment with him. He will be my fifth and final opinion before giving into surgery #5. Stay tuned for next week’s post and I’ll fill you in on all of the details. There may be hope for us all!
UPDATE: Wow, what a difference less than a year makes. Since this post last November, not only did I end up being interviewed on the show I spoke about above, I am also infection free after decades of chronic infections and am blessed to be given the opportunity to pass on what I’ve learned! To watch how I regained my health in my sinuses click here to watch my interview on PBS American Health Journal.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Roll
- 3 Eggs separated
- 2 cup Xylitol
- 2/3 cup Canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Almond flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Butter (melted)
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for about 30 seconds. Gradually add 1/2 cup xylitol and pumpkin, beating on high for about one minute.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and slowly add remaining xylitol. Beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour into egg yolk mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to your pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel and gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style and leave for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, xylitol and vanilla.
- Unroll cake and spread filling evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again.
- Wrap in wax paper and then again in aluminum foil and freeze until firm. Keep in the freezer and take out approximately 10 -20 minutes before cutting.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.