Buttery Pop Overs
I hope you bread lovers enjoy these buttery pop overs as much as I do! I got the inspiration for this wonderful recipe over at Know the Cause and just revised it a bit. You can serve these with lentil pasta or with pot roast (they are wonderful for sopping up extra gravy) and the best part? They were made without using white or wheat flour!
Buttery Pop Overs
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Egg white (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Almond milk (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Coconut cream (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 3 tbsp Clarified butter or ghee melted
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour sifted
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Tapioca flour
- The key to these pop overs coming out perfect is to have all ingredients at room temperature before beginning.
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Sift the coconut flour into a bowl.
- Add almond flour, tapioca flour and salt and whisk together to combine.
- Place the eggs and egg white into a blender (I use my bullet instead) and blend until very light in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add almond milk and coconut cream and blend.
- Add the dry ingredients. Blend again until thoroughly combined.
- Add one tablespoon of the melted butter or ghee and blend one more time to combine.
- Pour about ½ teaspoon of melted butter or ghee into the bottom of each cup in a standard 12-cup muffin tin. Place the muffin pan into the hot oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, quickly closing the oven door so as not to allow the heat to escape, and fill each cup with batter about 2/3 of the way full.
- Return the filled muffin pan to the hot oven on the middle rack, leave the oven light on as you want to look at them at the 15 minute mark to make sure they are not too golden brown, BUT DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN AT ANY TIME DURING BAKING OR YOUR POPOVERS WILL DEFLATE!
- After 15 - 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350° and reset timer for an additional 5- 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Leave a Reply