No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Balls
My son is 11 and if you read my story you know I was a junk food junkie up until just a few years ago. Which means, you guessed it, so was my son! I do carry guilt about this but as the old saying goes “when you know better you do better”. One of the biggest challenges was getting him off sugar as he is just as addicted as I was. I couldn’t tell him not to eat all the junk food he loved and was addicted to without having replacements, but they had to be GREAT tasting replacements or it just simply wouldn’t work. This is one of the first dessert recipes I tried and they were a hit! These no-bake almond joy energy balls are packed with protein along with other nutrients. Because dates are a bit high in sugar I do serve them in moderation. I should add however, dates are low on the glycemic index so they can be a good replacement for diabetics in moderation.
No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Balls
- 2 cups Dates
- 2 cups Almonds raw
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flakes keep 1/2 cup to roll in
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Put 1/2 cup of coconut flakes into the food processor and process to break up flakes slightly. Do not over-process or it will become coconut butter.
- Remove flakes and set aside in a bowl.
- Place dates in the food processor and process until they have broken up and then come together into a ball.
- Break up date ball with hands and add in almonds, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of coconut flakes and sea salt.
- Process for several minutes, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Add in vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of almond milk.
- Process until mixture comes back together into a ball. If it doesn’t do this, add in 1 more tablespoon of almond milk. It should look like the photo above.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into roughly 2 dozen balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes you processed earlier.
- Optional: place balls on a baking sheet and flash freeze in freezer for 15-20 minutes. This ensures the balls won’t stick together when you place them in your container.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks or the freezer for several months.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.