How Long Does it Take For Mold to Get Out of Your System
Mold related illnesses can be devastating. I know this first hand after briefly living in a moldy NYC apartment as a teenager. The fact that you are here reading this means you are ahead of the game if you suspect your symptoms may be from mold. Unfortunately it took me decades of illness to learn my “cause.” Only then would I start to learn what it would take to get my life back. In this article I will talk about getting mold out of your system.
Recovery from mold exposure can be a lengthy process but as a general rule for most people it takes somewhere between six months to a year to fully recover. It takes determination to get mold out of your system, and the faster you remove yourself from a moldy environment the quicker you can recover. The body must also be given the proper requirements to heal such as clean air, clean food and clean water. Supplements also play an important role in removing toxins from the body. In my case it took many decades as I did not know mold was the source of all of my illnesses.
In this article I will answer the question of “how long does it take for mold to get out of your system” and lay out the steps I took to recover from mold exposure. Read on and we will take a look at how one becomes sick from mold and the symptoms of mold exposure and mold illness.
Below: My TV Interview Discussing Years Of Chronic Illness Due to Mold Exposure
Steps to Getting Mold Out Of Your System
Speak to your doctor being starting any detox program.
- Remove your self from the mold until the problem is remedied. This is easier said than done but it is the most important piece in getting well. Until you can leave there are natural antifungal products for your home that will bring down the mold spore count. You can find them at Microbalance.com. I still use their safe antifungal spray weekly and probably always will.
- Infrared Saunas can remove toxins in tissues at a cellular level. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), everyone has dangerous toxins stored in their bodies including pesticides and/or mycotoxins. According to some studies with far infrared saunas “15-20 percent of your sweat will consist of cholesterol, toxins, heavy metals, ammonia, and uric acid.”
- Starve it out – Starving pathogenic fungi in the body is the cornerstone of the Kaufmann Diet. A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates will only feed and fuel a fungal infection. Breathing mold in the air is not the only way we can become overrun with yeast and fungus. Our food supply, especially wheat and corn is often times contaminated with mold. Avoid these foods and see my list of foods you can eat when trying to get mold out of your system.
- Remove mold from your body, home and clothes. A company called Microbalance was created by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician who specialized in fungal infections of the sinuses and systemically throughout the body. This company carries products to clean your nose, body, home, and clothes of mold. I even spray my home once a month with their safe natural botanical antifungal mist to keep levels of mold spores down.
- If you have chronic sinus infections like I have (and I’ll mention I had 4 sinus surgeries) keeping your sinuses clean with a natural antifungal is key. I have used CitriDrops sinus spray for many years. It was created by my personal Ear, Nose, and Throat physician who specializes in fungal sinusitis.
What Are the Symptoms of Mold Exposure?
Everyone’s reacts to mold differently, but there are also many similarities in symptoms. In my case it started with a sinus infection that would not go away even after four sinus surgeries and trying every antibiotic under the sun. Below in my interview on televisions Know The Cause. I discuss my head to toe symptoms from mold exposure with host, Doug Kaufmann. Doug has studied mycology (study of fungus) for over 40 years and has learned that every organ and tissue in our bodies can be devastatingly effected by mold. Learning how to get mold out of your system is crucial to recovering.
How Do You Get Rid of Mold In Your Body Naturally?
- Consume plenty of greens and other antifungal foods such as ginger and lemon. My husband bought me a Vitamix last year and it is one of my most prized possessions (not kidding). If I don’t start the day off juicing I don’t feel as strong and energetic. It’s also an easy way to consume a large amount of vegetables. Below is a video I made of the juice I make for myself and teenage son every morning. I now also add flaxseed and chia seeds to the juice for an added nutritional boost.
- Eliminate all processed foods and sugar while incorporating antifungal foods. I try to follow the Kaufmann diet about 80% of the time as this diet is considered an antifungal diet. 95% of my recipes would qualify as Kaufmann diet friendly if you need recipe ideas.
- Natural antifunals such as oil of oregano, candida rid, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and grapefruit seed extract are just a few of many wonderful natural antifungals. They all contain very effective antimicrobial properties.
- Binders are helpful in absorbing and sweeping away toxins. Examples of binders are bentonite clay, activated charcoal and psyllium husk. My physician also placed me on Biocidin which promotes GI detox.
- Exercise and sweat! Sweating is natures way of getting rid of waste. Again, infared saunas are a wonderful tool. Just remember to shower off the toxins right after sweating so your skin does not reabsorb them.
How Can You Tell if You Have Mold Poisoning?
Mold has also been called the great mimicker because it can often be mistaken for common ailments such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, and even cancer. Below, in my television interview on NBC, I discuss how fungal infections have been mistaken for cancer for decades! The CDC has even said if you have any disease that is not responding to conventional treatment to “think fungus.”
Study In The Journal of Lung of Wrong Cancer Diagnosis
There was also an interesting study in 2013 that came out of the Journal of Lung. Thirty seven patients were clinically and radiologically diagnosed with cancer. All patients went on to have biopsies and the diagnosis then changed to fungal infection and not cancer at all.
The article stated, “We would like to emphasize the relevance of fungal infections as an important cause of pulmonary nodules and masses that can mimic lunch cancer, especially in endemic areas.”
More on Fungus Being Mistaken for Cancer
Below are pages from a Johns Hopkins Text book called Fungous Diseases Of Man. In this book is more examples of fungus being mistaken for cancer.
- Page 11 – A warning that the fungal infection called coccidioidomycosis appears to be a “metastatic (spreading) malignancy” on X-rays.
- Page 153 – The fungal infection called Histoplasmosis mimics cancers such as leukemia, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and lymphosarcoma.
Fungal infections, including paracoccidiodomcosis, histoplasmosis, cryptococcocus, coccidioidomycosis, aspergillosis, and blastomycosis can mimic both the clinical and radiological findings of Lung Cancer – Mycosis 2014;57:197-208.
More Television Interviews Discussing Mold Illness
In this television interview we discuss the MTHFR gene mutation and how it makes it even harder to detox toxins because it disrupts the methylation process. We also discuss why Lyme disease and mold illness often go together. Remember when getting mold out of your system, your detox pathways need to be open. Watch Doug Kaufmann and I discuss this below.
How Long Does it Take For Mold to Get Out of Your System?
As stated above if you are giving your body what it needs, it typically takes people about six months to a year, sometimes longer to start to feel better.
My second edition book, Eat Pray Get Well – A Journey from Chronic Illness & Brokenness to Wholeness & Healing is now on sale through my website and Amazon. Includes exclusive interviews with Doug Kaufmann – Host of televisions Know the Cause, Joe Cross – Filmmaker and star of the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, renowned cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt and so much more.
In these wonderful interviews they all share their story of illness to recovery and what they have learned about health along their journey. I also interview Tommy Rosa, author of Health Revelations from Heaven and Earth. Tommy had a near death experience and believes he went to heaven. He shares his experience about meeting who he believes to be Jesus and what he was taught about staying healthy here on earth.
About Eat Pray Get Well (the book)
If you’ve read My Story on this blog, you know I’ve spent decades some dark places. Looking back, I estimate I’ve taken over 100 courses of antibiotics and have seen over 60 doctors and specialists, not to mention many unnecessary surgeries. Along with that struggle I fought to overcome a difficult childhood and discovered a relationship with God in the process.
This is not your grandmother’s cookbook. In Eat Pray GET WELL, I invite you into my journey from a childhood filled with rejection and emotional abuse to chronic illness into her adult years. I share how God used both of these debilitating tragedies to reveal His grace, healing, and blessings in unimaginable ways. Eat Pray Get Well is entertaining, inspiring, and most of all will help you gain the tools needed to help heal your body and soul.
Eat Pray Get Well serves as an example of how God is not only interested in our soul, but also our mind, body and emotions. He does not want us to stay broken. He wants to bring us to a place of wholeness.
I pray this book will bring you hope and give you the tools you need to set you on your own personal journey to healing.
Medical Disclaimer – I am not a medical physician. My blog does not provide official medical advice. I can not recommend any supplement or treatment plan. Information provided on this site is for educational purposes only, and does not substitute for professional medical advice.
Check with your doctor before starting any new diet or supplement. There are affiliate links in which I get a percentage on sales. Opinions are all my own. I do not recommend any supplement or brand I didn’t personally love and benefit from. Consult a medical professional or healthcare provider if you are seeking medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Leave a Reply