How Do You Know If You Are Binge Eating (My Stunning Old Eating Habits)
Written by Erin Porter
How do you know if you are binge eating? You would think you would just know right? You just wolfed down an enormous amount of food in a short amount of time, and it’s a habit you engage in often. One would think it’s obvious this may be BED (binge eating disorder.) But I don’t think it’s always clear. At least in my case it wasn’t. Below I share my story on CBS.
CBS Great Day Live Interview: I Discuss My Old Binge Eating Habits
VIDEO: I’ll Show You What Gas Station Binge Eating Looks Like
Symptoms of BED
- Eating large amounts of food when you are not hungry
- Eating until uncomfortably full
- Hiding the amount of food you are consuming
- Having feelings of guilt around the amount of food you consume
Note: I am not an expert at eating disorders such as binge eating disorder (BED) so I can’t say what causes it or how to stop. I can only share my own experience.
Tips to Help Prevent Binge Eating
- Learn which foods are a trigger for you. Certain foods may cause the desire to consume them in unhealthy amounts.
- Don’t let yourself get hungry without having a plan. Have healthy foods that you love on hand and planned out.
- Gain momentum. Once you get those foods that you crave (sugar, processed foods) out of your system for a period of time your cravings will diminish.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Don’t keep high sugar, high carb, processed foods in your home.
- Candida and fungus need sugar and carbs to survive. This is why they could also be causing your cravings. If you have been exposed to toxic mold, eat the SAD diet (Standard American Diet), have taken many courses of antibiotics in your lifetime, you may have an overgrowth of candida.
- Get Help from a trained professional if needed.
Eyes Are Being Opened
I took this picture below when I was addicted to all things sugar! A trip to my local Barnes and Noble store to buy a book turned into a binge session. I ate it right there in the parking lot in my car and loved every moment of it. Of course I didn’t love the consequences I would suffer later in my health. By the time I took this photo I knew it was a problem but I still had trouble stopping. I had a systemic candida/fungal infection brought on mold exposure as well as taking hundreds of courses of antibiotics (which are fungal metabolites.) The sugar was only fueling the infection I was trying to eradicate. I have to mention I also did a lot of praying and believe God is interested in more than our souls. He is interested in us being whole and free from bondage .
Eat Pray Get Well is a story of overcoming chronic illness, a difficult childhood, and food addiction, plus exclusive interviews with Supermodel Carol Alt, renowned cardiologist Stephen Sinatra MD, Joe Cross of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, Doug Kaufmann host of televisions Know The Cause and more. Also includes 55 recipes free of gluten, wheat, yeast, peanuts, refined sugar.
Disclaimer: I am not a physician and cannot help individuals with a personal plan or advice. I can only write about my experience. Please consult your physician when starting any new diet or supplement, and never forgo seeing your doctor in in lieu of others advice.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.