How Dangerous Is Mold?
How dangerous is mold? Mold is so dangerous for some people, that it can destroy the good health that they knew and begin to live in a body they no longer recognize. Below Doug Kaufmann and I discuss the devastation mold can cause throughout the body. Did you know if you have chronic sinus infections, it’s most likely caused by mold? Even cancer, diabetes, fibromyalgia and chronic viral infections are linked to mold. Doug and I discuss all of this on today’s Know the Cause.
In this interview, we also discuss how childhood abuse can affect your health as an adult, as well as why I wrote my book, Eat Pray Get Well!
How Long Does It Take For Black Mold to Kill You?
According to google, this question of how long does it takes for black mold to kill you is asked a lot. The way in which black mold (or any species of mold) effects a person and the length of time in which one could get sick varies greatly. Two people could live under the same roof where black mold exists and have vastly different health outcomes. One may merely have allergies while the other is on their literal death bed. Lets dive into some of the reasons for this.
Why Do People React Differently to Black Mold?
- Compromised Immune system such as other co-infections such as Lyme Disease and Epstein Barr.
- MTHFR defect, causing the body not to be able to detox properly.
- Mold allergies and sensitivities.
- Degree of exposure. I was exposed to mold as a child and then again as a teenager. This accumulative exposure can lead to more serious side effects and heightened sensitivity. It also means your body is trying to fight a heavier load of mycotoxins.
- Toxin overload. If you have been exposed to other toxins besides mycotoxins such as petrochemicals and pesticides, your body may have trouble expelling these toxins, leading to toxic overload.
How Long Do Mold and Mycotoxins Stay in the Body?
Even with all the research that is and has been done on this topic, it’s not fully understood how long mold stays in the body. Mycotoxins, the poisons that mold spew in the body, need to be detoxed out. The length of a detox from mold and mycotoxins varies from person to person.
- If the exposure was short, the body should be able to eliminate mold and mycotoxins within days or weeks. That is your body is healthy and your immune system is strong.
- Some people have the natural ability to detox properly, therefore eliminating toxins. Others, however, cannot detox sufficiently due to poor diet, MTHFR mutation, weak immune system and co-infections.
- The type of mold you were exposed to also matters. When people say “black mold,” they are usually referring to Stachybotrys. The mycotoxins Stachybotrys create are very harmful to humans. People often get infected by other molds and yeasts such as Aspergillus and Candida albicans and Candida auris. There are many types of mold that are considered harmless but can still be harmful to people with mold sensitivity.
How Do I Detox Black Mold?
I wrote two articles covering this topic in depth. How to Recover from Mold Exposure and How Long Does it Take and How Long Does it Take for Mold to Get Out of Your System.
Many people who suffer from mold illness have chronic sinus infections that will not resolve. I have written an article titled “What Kills A Sinus Infection Naturally.” Removing mold from your environment and from your body is an important first step and I touch on what kills fungus in the sinuses.
For more on my journey from mold recovery, you can read (or watch) my story.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.