Fearless Fourth of July Pretzel Dogs
It’s forth of July weekend so naturally the kids wanted some hot dogs for a change. Instead of depriving ourselves of our favorite foods, I love the challenge of revamping our favorites into something we can actually feel good about eating. As we all know MOST hot dogs sold in stores today are foods you certainly wouldn’t feel good about. In fact, regular store bought hot dogs are probably on the top ten worst food list. They are filled with synthetic chemicals and normally a very low grade meat is used. And when I say “meat” I mean whatever meat is left over after they strip the carcass of the desirable cuts. What’s left of the animal is nothing you would want to eat. I won’t go into any more dirty details but I think you get the picture.
I used Niman Ranch “fearless” hotdogs for this recipe. They contain no nitrates or nitrites except for naturally occurring nitrates in celery powder.
Since we try to eliminate all wheat and yeast, I chose to wrap these hot dogs in a gluten/wheat/yeast free dough that is fun for kids to eat! Pair this with our summer salsa recipe and some corn free tortilla chips and you’ve got a healthier forth of July meal that even your biggest junk food junkie friends would enjoy!
What about dessert? Keep it simple and healthy with a berry cobbler!
Fearless Forth of July Pretzel Dogs
- 1 pkg Niman Ranch Fearless Franks
- 1 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend + 1-2 tbsp if needed
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning optional
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds optional
- 1 tsp Xylitol
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Plain Organic Yogurt no sugar added
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, Namaste flour, xylitol, baking soda, sea salt, and chia seeds in a small bowl.1 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, 1 tbsp Chia Seeds, 1 tsp Xylitol, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- Mix eggs and yogurt in a separate bowl.2 Organic Eggs, 1/4 cup Plain Organic Yogurt
- Add egg and yogurt mixture to your dry mixed ingredients. You want the mixture to be the consistency of dough so add 1-2 additional tbsp of Namaste flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Rub the dough between your hands or roll it out on parchment paper until it's the length of a 6 inch string. Wrap around each hot dog. Season with Trader Joe's every day seasoning.1 tsp Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning, 1 pkg Niman Ranch Fearless Franks
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a medium size skillet and place hot dogs in skillet for approximately two minutes.1 tbsp Butter
- Place hot dogs on aluminum foil and broil for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Leave a Reply