This easy gluten free flatbread is an absolute staple in our house. I got the idea for this bread from another blogger called Eating with Purpose, but I tweaked the recipe a bit until I could get the kids to love it as much as I do.
Because of the brown rice flour this would make this recipe Kaufmann 2 (for those of you trying to follow Doug Kaufmann’s diet). Kids can find it hard to transition from commercial white bread to a healthier bread but not with this recipe! It only takes 8 minutes in the oven and about 5 minutes to throw together. It doesn’t get any easier than that. Use your imagination as you can do almost anything with this bread. We mostly use it to dip in olive oil and spices along side our gluten free pasta dishes and soups. You can also use it for sandwiches as well.
Nice Pairings With Gluten Free Flatbread Recipe
Roasted Veggie Chickpea Pasta – and for a bonus my Interview with renowned cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra included with the recipe.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Video on how my teenage son and I make it in minutes!
- 1 cup NAMASTE PERFECT FLOUR BLEND
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 table spoons of flax seed (optional) OR Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon xylitol
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- ¾ cup plain organic yogurt, no sugar added - We use Stonyfield Organic
- You can also make this recipe by using ½ cup almond flour and 1 cup NAMASTE PERFECT FLOUR BLEND (if you use Namaste flour blend you can then disregard the brown rice and tapioca flour)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º
- In a large bowl combine perfect flour blend, ground flax or chia, xylitol, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, blend eggs and yogurt
- Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients
- Pour batter onto parchment paper …Smooth batter out with a spoon over the entire surface area, so it is thin and even.
- Sprinkle herbs of choice and sea salt
- Bake at 350º for 8 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into desired size with a pizza cutter.