Creamy Tomato Basil Soup & Bacon Cheese Quesadilla’s
Written by Erin Porter
It may not be winter anymore, but here in Florida it’s a miserable, dreary day as we wait for a tropical storm to decide whether or not to hit. As we wait, I decided whipping up a batch of tomato soup and bacon quesadillas sounded like the perfect way to pass the time and enjoy some comfort food!
Some cool facts about Basil – Did you know basil provides protection against unwanted bacterial growth including Staph and Pseudomonas? Either did I until today! Those are two tough bacterias that have been harder to kill because they have developed a high resistance to antibiotics. Basil is also healthy for your heart and has anti inflammatory properties. While we’re on the subject of heart health, tomatoes have been shown to lower total cholesterol and help prevent unwanted clumping of platelet cells in the blood. And these are just a few of the health benefits of this meal! Enjoy!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup and Bacon Cheese Quesadilla
- 4 Fresh tomatoes
- 7 oz Plum tomatoes (I used Muir Glen organic)
- 12 pcs Fresh basil leaves
- 32 oz Chicken broth
- 13.5 oz Light coconut milk
- 3 cloves Garlic diced
- 1/4 Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Flour I used Namaste Flour-wheat/gluten/yeast free
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 2 1/4 tsp Salt or more if needed for your taste
- 1/4 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Xylitol
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1 Package tortilla wraps
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Package bacon antibiotic, hormone free
- Place garlic and onion in food processor then saute in 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbs olive oil on medium heat.
- Once garlic and onion are a translucent place in crock pot.
- Cut tomatoes and place in food processor along with the jar of plum tomatoes. Add cream cheese and flour to food processor. Mix until there are no chunks.
- Place tomato puree in crock pot. Add all other ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and a basil leaf and serve!
- Put oven on BROIL at 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon on medium heat until fully cooked-once cooled break into one inch pieces
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter and place one tortilla shell on cookie sheet. Top generously with mozzarella cheese and bacon pieces then place one more tortilla shell on top and broil for 5-7 minutes in the oven. Cut with pizza cutter.
Note: This recipe is neither Kaufmann 1 Diet (Kaufmann Phase 1) or Kaufmann 2 Diet (Kaufmann Phase II) because of the small amount of sorghum flour in the Namaste flour. You can make this a phase II recipe by substituting the Namaste flour with:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.