What a perfect soup recipe for my neck of the woods….first time for the soup BUT fifth time making your flat bread….everyone loves it…also make it for evening snack with salsa or hummus….
Creamy Lentil Chorizo Sausage Soup & Homemade Flatbread
This creamy lentil and chorizo sausage soup is so hearty and satisfying on a chilly day. I’d say “cold” day but here in Florida we still have not moved beyond chilly (and I’m not complaining)! Also, If spicy is not your thing, you can always substitute a milder sausage. This soup pairs well with a side of homemade flatbread, which we dipped in olive oil and spices.
Stay tuned for Thursday’s post. Eat, Pray, Get Well will be rebooting with Joe Cross. If you are not sure who Joe is check out his must see movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. It’s sure to change the way you think about food!
Just a few wholesome ingredients for the homemade flatbread, which is of course wheat/yeast/gluten/sugar free!
Creamy Lentil and Chorizo Sausage Soup
- Chorizo sausage (if you don’t like spicy substitute a milder sausage)
- 32 oz Chicken Broth yeast free
- 13.5 oz Light Coconut Milk I use 365-wholefoods brand
- 1/2 Bag of carrots diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fennel
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 Onion chopped OR 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Parsley
- 1 cup Red lentils – red are a bit sweeter.
- 1 cup Green lentils
- 1/4 cup Flour (I used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend - wheat/yeast/gluten free)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- Rinse lentils. You don’t have to use both red and green lentils, I decided to use both for the color and slight change in flavor. Red lentils are a bit sweeter.
- In a large frying pan melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Chop the garlic and onion in a food processor then sauté in butter and 1 -2 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir occasionally until translucent and slightly golden.
- Add chopped carrots and just enough chicken broth to cover them. Sauté for an additional fifteen minutes until carrots have softened.
- Add flour and all spices and stir.
- Add remaining chicken stock and coconut milk to a large pot. Pour the sautéed vegetables in the large pot along with the lentils and allow to simmer on low for approximately 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Cut sausage and add to the pot about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Glad you are enjoying the bread. I make this every week without fail. We can’t live without bread in my house so it’s a hit! Thanks for taking the time to write me and enjoy the soup as well! Erin
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Leave a Reply