I have to admit I did not see this avocado toast (Clean Juice copycat recipe) coming. Unless it shows up in the form of guacamole, I am not usually very interested in avocado. But after a trip to Clean Juice with my step daughter, I have changed my mind about this bland fruit. I took one bite of her avocado toast and on the way home bought all the ingredients to go home and make a Clean Juice copycat recipes version.
Television: Watch While I Make Blueberry Muffins on ABC
Best Bread For Avocado Toast
You can use any yeast/gluten free bread. I usually look for a sourdough, a millet, oat, or amaranth, and if you can find it mixed with seeds even better.
More Gluten Free, Sugar Free Breakfast Ideas
Update – The second edition of my book Eat Pray Get Well – A Journey From Chronic Illness & Brokenness to Wholeness & Healing is now available on my website, Amazon, and some retail book stores.
- ½ avocado
- drizzle of olive oil
- fresh lemon juice to taste (I did about 1 tsp)
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt (or more to taste) avocado is a bit bland without the salt
- pepper to taste
- I now sometimes add a sprinkle of Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning. Delicious!
- A slice or two of gluten/yeast free bread
- Mash avocado, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Toast bread. Spread avocado mixture on bread then top with sea salt and crushed red pepper. Sometimes I will also put a spice called "everything but the bagel" from Trader Joes. If you love everything bagels you will love this spice!
- Enjoy this Clean Juice copycat recipes! More Clean Juice recipes to come.