A Healthier Version of PF Chang’s Asian Lettuce Wraps
Happy Valentines Day! I wish I could take credit for this healthier version of PF Chang ‘s Asians lettuce wraps but it’s a combination of my friend Paula’s twist where she combined two different recipes she found, along with some of my own additions to pump up the nutrition in the recipe (you know I have to put chia seeds in everything so this recipe is no different)!
This recipe is neither Phase 1 or Phase 2 due to a few ingredients like rice wine vinegar, soy sauce (which you could substitute with coconut amino acids to keep it soy free), and the hoisin sauce which you can also find soy and gluten free. This recipe is perfect for entertaining. The flavors are so vibrant and delicious yet it has some many healthy ingredients including garlic, ginger, chicken breast, lettuce, cilantro, water chestnuts, chia and sunflower seeds. Enjoy!
Healthier PF Chang's Asian Lettuce Wrap
- 1 lb Ground chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced (unless you buy hoisin sauce with garlic - then you can omit one of the garlic)
- 1/4 Onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce (or Coconut Secret brand coconut amino acid to keep it soy free)
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Five spice powder
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce (can be bought soy and gluten free)
- 1/4 -1/2 inch Thick piece of ginger freshly grated
- 8 oz Chestnuts (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 Green onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Shredded carrots
- Handful of cilantro (for topping)
- Sunflower seeds or crushed cashews
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and onions and cook until translucent.
- Add in chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, crumbling as it cooks.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, five-spice powder, and Sriracha.
- Stir in the water chestnuts and sliced green onions, salt and pepper.
- Heat for an additional minute.
- Spoon 3-4 Tablespoons into the center of each lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with more green onion, cilantro and shredded carrots.
- Top with sunflower seeds or crushed cashews if desired.
If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Sinus Infections, Fibromyalgia, Food Allergies, Auto Immune Disease, Acid Reflux, Candida, Depression – this book is for you.
I have been fortunate to be featured on national Television including PBS American Health Journal, Know the Cause, CTN, ABC, NBC, CBS and more. I was sick for decades, endured many surgeries, took over 100 courses of antibiotics, and then I changed everything and everything changed. My book Eat Pray Get Well is about overcoming a tumultuous childhood, decades of chronic illness, and finding God in the process. Includes exclusive interviews with renowned Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Supermodel Carol Alt, Doug Kaufmann, and many more. Plus 55 gluten free recipes woven throughout.
As an Amazon Associate EatPrayGetWell.com earns from qualifying purchases. EatPrayGetWell.com also participates in affiliate programs with ShareASale and other sites. EatPrayGetWell.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Leave a Reply