Divorce can be a touchy subject especially if you are a christian, so coming soon, my friend Paty and I will be talking about this topic on Facebook in an interview. Both of us went through this painful experience at the same time over a decade ago, and we want to bring you our perspective as christian woman. Please make sure you follow me on FB so you do not miss our discussion. I’ll leave you with a funny quote about divorce and I hope you enjoy my healthier version of Fried Green Tomatoes Caprese (gluten and grain free).
“Divorce – when being told you are wrong every single day is just not working for you anymore” – unknown.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 large green tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ -1/2 cup coconut milk (or any milk of your choice)
- mozzarella cheese in the shape of a ball you can slice
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- basil for the top (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix egg and milk in a bowl. Place all flours and salt and pepper and mix in a separate bowl. Cut the green tomatoes about ¼ inch thick. Fully submerge tomato slice in the egg, then in the flour, then once again into the egg mixture and flour for a second time. Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and grease the paper well. Add more salt and pepper before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn them over half way through baking. You can also fry these in coconut oil. I have made them this way as well and it's delicious. Slice cheese in ¼ inch slices and place between tomatoes AFTER they come out of the oven. My husband loves to put either a sugar free balsamic glaze or pimento cheese spread on his. Enjoy!