UPDATE:- If you missed my Facebook LIVE with Doug Kaufmann (from televisions “Know the Cause”) yesterday, you can still watch it here
Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Will you please join me for my first Facebook live this Friday (April 17th) at 11am EST (10am cental). Doug Kaufmann (host of tv’s “Know the Cause”) will be live with me and you can ask us all of your questions or just join for moral support 🙂 Once you know the “cause” of your illness, you can begin to start digging yourself out. Enjoy this sugar free, gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe and I hope to see you guys Wednesday! Erin
- 1 cup almond flour (use a super fine almond flour- no grit to it)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 egg yolk (you can save the whites for another time/meal)
- 4½ tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 5½ tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum - I tried leaving this out and the texture was not the same, omit this if you are on Kaufmann diet.
- ½ cup Lily's chocolate chips (milk chocolate)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and put aside. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips and mix well. Batter may seem dry at first, use your hands to mix dough, it becomes moist quickly. Add chips and stir. Place parchment paper over cookie sheet and spray with non-stick. Make cookies into balls place cookies on parchment paper leaving an inch in between, slightly press down on the cookies to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes. Only let cool 1 minute before transferring to plate. Makes 13 cookes.