Everyday I seem to get inspired by someone! I teach a study called Made to Crave and today it was someone named Marilynn in the group. As I listened to the women share how fearful they were at giving up certain foods, we all quickly jumped in with alternatives to their “can’t live without” food. I changed the recipe a bit and I have to say it just doesn’t get any easier than this. If you love cheese and you love a “crunch” when you eat, this recipe is for you. I wished I would have thought of it ahead of time but if you love spicy food I think a slice of jalapeno on top before baking would be delicious!
Coming up – I am going be doing a video on the tricky topic of alcohol. Many of you have asked me my thoughts and I have so much to say on the subject so I can’t wait to share with you. Also coming up, a smoothie that tastes like a reeses peanut butter cup. and another trip to go interview on tv’s “Know the Cause” at the end of this month, stay tuned.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (no hormones or antibiotics)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used the kind that is like a powder)
- dash of pepper
- Jalapeno for the center if you like it spicy! (wish I would have thought of this beforehand)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix both cheeses together, at first it will seem dry, just keep squeezing them together. Place small amount of the cheese mixture on the parchment paper leaving enough room for them to spread. It may seem dry and crumbly but this is ok. Don't pile them too high as they will melt and spread out. If you like spicy food place a jalapeno in the middle of each one before baking. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Check on them after 5 minutes as they can burn quickly.
- BEST WHEN EATEN within the first 30 minutes after coming out of the oven when they are warm and crispy. Enjoy!