The title sounds cute doesn’t it? “Brownies and Binging”. That’s exactly how I viewed the binging I participated in for many years of my life, “cute”. I could eat most grown men under the table and I wouldn’t gain a pound. It became a joke at my places of employment that I would be the first (and the last) on the buffet lines at pot lucks. If I wasn’t gaining weight then what’s the problem I thought? I just LOVED food? See recipe below as well as my most recent interview on televisions “Know The Cause”….
God would stop me one day mid prayer to tell me exactly what He thought of my favorite past time. As many of you know I am now writing for God TV on their blog as well as my own blog here. If you would like to read the full story you can go to God TV under lifestyle posts. I also wrote about it on my own blog in the past which you can read here “From Binging to Balance”. If you missed my interview last week on televisions “Know The Cause” you can watch it in the video below. I also touch on the topic of binging – my interview starts at the 16:26 mark. Enjoy these amazing gluten free, grain free, sugar free brownies, recipe below. My book – Eat Pray Get Well – A Journey from Chronic Illness, Brokenness & Junk Food Junkie to Wholeness & Wellness can now be found on Amazon as well as on my website. Note – it is slightly cheaper to buy on my website verses Amazon as the shipping fees are cheaper. Feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any topics you would like me to cover. Wishing you all good health and joy!
My interview below starts at the 16:26 mark.
UPDATE– My book, Eat Pray Get Well ~ A Journey from Chronic Illness, Brokenness & Junk Food Junkie to Wholeness & Wellness has been released. Forward written by Doug Kaufmann – Host of televisions “Know The Cause”
It’s a story of overcoming chronic illness, a difficult childhood, and food addiction… with 60 recipes free of gluten, wheat, yeast, peanuts, refined sugar
If you are sick and running from doctor to doctor in search of the “cause” of your mystery illness . . .
If you feel stuck from past hurts and in search of emotional freedom . . .
If you are a junk food junkie or have an unhealthy relationship with food . . .
If you simply need a great recipe book to help you face ingredient challenges . . .
EAT PRAY GET WELL IS AN EYE OPENER!
- ⅔ cup raw cocoa powder (no sugar added)
- ⅔ cup xylitol or monk fruit
- ⅓ cup coconut oil-melted
- ⅓ cup grass fed salted butter-melted
- ½ cup almond flour (a bit under ½ cup)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Lily's sugar free chocolate chips- MILK CHOCOLATE (I did about ⅛ cup)
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix cocoa power, xylitol, melted butter and melted coconut oil. Add in eggs, mix well then add additional ingredients. The batter is very thick you may need to wet a spoon to spread mixture in pan. Line your pan with parchment paper it will be easier to remove from pan. Grease parchment paper. Bake for approximately 20-23 minutes. They will seem a bit too moist but they will firm up when cool. Let completely cool before cutting. Store in refrigerator. For melted chocolate melt Lily's chips with a bit of grass fed butter and drizzle on top of brownies.