Cancer and fungus have plenty in common. Sugar causes both to thrive, and both can die without it. Both can metabolize nutrients without oxygen. Both respond favorably to anti-fungal medications. I would imagine researchers were surprised when cancer patients starting responding favorably to the anti-fungal Sporonox they were taking for toe nail fungus. Here is something interesting. Dogs that can sniff out cancer can also detect fungus. Both cancer and fungus emit something called VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) so it’s not actually the cancer or mold specifically they are sniffing out but the VOC’s themselves. Just think, maybe while we are eating an antifungal diet, we most likely are lowering our chances of getting cancer dramatically!
For more health information like this plus healthy recipes, my book Eat Pray Get Well – A Journey from Chronic Illness, Brokenness & Junk Food Junkie to Wholeness & Wellness can be found here on my site as well as Amazon.
- 1-3 green apples
- cashew butter (melted)
- Lily's premium chocolate chips (melted)
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- crushed pecans or walnuts
- healthy caramel sauce (optional - see recipe here at the Almond Eater for sauce) leave out if you want it to stay vegan and sugar free
- Slice apples and arrange on a plate. Melt chocolate (about ⅛ of a cup) then when slightly cool place in a zip lock bag, cup the tip of one side and pour over apples. Do the same with the cashew butter and (optional caramel sauce). Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes and nuts. Enjoy!
Resources: Fundamentals of Fungi – 4th edition, 1996, Moore- Landecker 1996 Warburg 1930, Metabolism of Tumors, 1930. Medical Tribune 1997 and 1999.