This creamy cauliflower cheese soup may look bland, but it’s anything but!
We returned home from vacation tired, and full of airport and vending machine food. Unbeknownst to us, the airport would be our home for next eight hours due to a delay. This particular airport was so small there were no restaurants inside, only a vending machine and bodega type store. So we fueled up on plenty to ease the boredom! The next morning, exhausted from the trip, the last thing I wanted to do was go food shopping. I scouted the fridge and cupboards and I saw a head of cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, and chicken bone broth. That was going to have to be dinner since I was set on staying in and relaxing. I knew it would taste much like broccoli cheese soup so I wasn’t worried. Everybody loved it and if you make it in the crock pot it takes less than ten minutes to put together. You could make your soup more colorful and fun if you use purple or orange cauliflower. I served it with some grain free cheese rolls I had in the freezer.
- 1 head cauliflower13.5 oz can light Coconut Milk (I use 365-wholefoods brand)
- 1 bag shredded light moisture mozzerlla cheese
- 32 oz of chicken broth ( Pacific brand now has bone broth which I love to use) or any yeast free brand
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ onion chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp parsley
- ¼ cup of flour - I use Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, but you could use cassava flour as well
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large frying pan melt 2 tbsp of butter then add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Chop the garlic and onion in a food processor then sauté in butter and 1 -2 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir occasionally. Once garlic and onion are translucent place in a crock pot. Add other ingredients and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!