Fudgy, moist, chocolate Avocado Cake, you don’t have to tell a soul about the avocado, you can’t taste it!
The “it’s the holiday’s, eat anything you want” party is officially over. I denied myself nothing for approximately two weeks over Christmas break and I paid for it…..again (in my sinuses). I know, I have no one to blame but myself, and sometimes I wonder if I will ever learn, but I can be thick headed like that. Cheating not only costs me my health sometimes, but it affects my wallet too. I had to take two trips to the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor in less than 10 days. Sigh. But myself and family are back on track and so instead of an unhealthy store bought cake for my birthday, we celebrated with this chocolate avocado cake. It’s so moist and I love the nutrition that is snuck in there like the avocado, almond and coconut flour, and yogurt.
So long junk food, you were everything I could hoped for in the moment, but in the end, just like you always do, you treated me badly. I may or may not see you again next Christmas break.
- ½ cup coconut flour (I use Bob's Red Mill for almost all my flour)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1tbsp plain organic yogurt
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 avocado - pureed
- 6 tbs coca powder (no sugar added)
- ¾ cup xylitol, or munk fruit
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- handful of sugar free chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- FROSTING - see instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch round pan and set aside. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Puree avocado in blender or bullet. Combine all wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until completely smooth. Poor into round pan and bake about 20-25 minutes or under knife comes out MOSTLY clean. For icing I used one of the wonderful recipes over at Chocolate Covered Katie. Just make sure you substitute any sugar for xylitol, honey, or munk fruit. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/?s=frosting