I know this meal looks very much like it should be off limits, but I did a lot of substituting as to not use soy or standard ketchup in this dish. You can keep this recipe phase II by following the instructions below. There is just 8 simple ingredients and clean up was easy because I used the 3:1 Cuisinart Cooker for this recipe. It allows you to sauté, slow cook, and steam all in one. No extra dirty dishes.
Disclaimer: I was sent this 3:1 Cooker to try out with NO expectations of using it in a post. I was not compensated in any way and all opinions are my own.
- 4 Organic Chicken Breast or Thighs
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Organic Honey
- ½ cup ]Nature's Hollow Ketchup( contains no sugar, sweetened with xylitol)or Tessemae's All Natural Ketchup(see notes below under note section)
- ½ Cup Coconut Amino's (Coconut Secret brand)
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cuisinart 3:1 Cooker Directions: Place 2 tbsp. of olive oil in crock-pot , once oil is hot place chicken in crock-pot and flip chicken once it's a golden brown. About 4 minutes on each side. Take chicken out and add chopped garlic. Sauté garlic for about 3-4 minutes. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Place chicken back in the crock-pot and pour mixture of remaining ingredients over the top of the chicken. I placed the rack that comes with the 3:1 cooker on top of the chicken then placed my vegetables on top to cook separately from the sauce mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Directions if you have a regular crock-pot: On medium heat 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides. About 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and sauté your chopped garlic. While garlic is cooking mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Place chicken, garlic, and sauce mixture into a crock-pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.