Who would have thought brownies can be healthy? We love these fudge pan brownies in our house! I made them on Saturday and they were gone in less than an hour!
I have tried making them in both in a glass baking dish and in a metal pan and hands down it comes out better in the cake pan. The brownies get slightly crisped edges and they are so SO moist! I got the inspiration for these brownies from a fantastic cookie recipe over at eating with purpose. I tweaked it a bit and these fantastic brownies were born!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 organic eggs
- ¾ cup xylitol or monk fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp namaste all purpose flour (does not contain white/wheat flour) or 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray TWO square or round metal cake pans with either a non-stick butter or coconut oil spray.
- In a medium size bowl beat the eggs then add the almond butter, vanilla, and the apple cider vinegar.
- Add xylitol, coco powder, flour, salt and baking soda and mix well. Place ½ of the dough in each pan and spread it out until it’s even. This will take a little work as the dough is very sticky but if you use a rubber spatula this makes it much easier.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Do no overcook. Do not be concerned if the center looks too moist. Once they cool in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours they will be perfectly moist (but not too moist) and chewy. I keep the brownie in the pans and store it in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. It’s doesn’t stick around long in my house anyway!
Notes – apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. ACV contains Malic acid which exhibits anti-fungal activity. There are also claims it reduces pain associated with fibromyalgia. Drinking apple cider vinegar has been linked to improved control of blood sugar, heart health, and may even aid in cancer prevention.
Almond butter – contains calcium, copper, vitamin E and magnesium to name a few. Some health benefits of almonds include improved cholesterol levels to combat cardiovascular disease, they aid in keeping the nervous system functioning properly as well as keeping bones strong and healthy.